Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do you know some one who's an "art director?"?

What degrees do you need to be an Advertising art director?!?!? well in order to get a good position, what degree would help me the most???


Help please! some one that know about this and about how much their salary is for a person that is just new in the field...?
Do you know some one who%26#039;s an %26quot;art director?%26quot;?
yeah my brother
Do you know some one who%26#039;s an %26quot;art director?%26quot;?
In my experience, an AD is something that you work up to. Start out as a productuion artist, move to graphic designer, senior designers, then art director or creative director. Its sort of a managerial position, so its not likely you get to be that right out of school.





Now, you can be an AD by project... that just means your in charge. Like at a photo shoot or something.





Education would be something in Visual Arts. I have a Bachelor%26#039;s of Fine Arts majoring in Graphic Design with minors in Drawing and Communications Media. To be an AD, I%26#039;d have to earn it with work experience or get my Master%26#039;s Degree (MFA).
Reply:Nothing to do with degrees. I am an art director and experience will outweigh your diplomas. A good eye, creativity, imagination, sense of color is what I look for.


Even if the pics are black and white, I will base my criterias on that and I don%26#039; t need any diplomas to choose who to hire.





Graphic Artist / Designer range from 500 to 1500 weekly and even $2000 weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment